Call of Duty: Mobile and Player Unknown’s Battleground (PUBG) are two of the most popular Battle Royale styled shooters around, and have together racked up billions of play time from mobile gamers, myself inclusive.
They present you a fun and fast paced gaming experience that’s guaranteed to keep the boredom away.
It’s all fun and games, until you realise that when creating your account, your linked your social media profile name is picked automatically.. Well that goes for PUBG.
The Issue is different for CoD. You’re free to set whatever username you want initially, but changing it will cost you.
So, if you’re wondering how to change your name in PUBG and Call of Duty: Mobile, stay with us.
How To Change Your Name in PUBG
Initially, there wasn’t any way to change names on PUBG after the initial setup, but there is now. Rename Cards have been introduced for the exact purpose. Here’s how to use them.
- Go to Inventory at the bottom of the game homescreen.
- Select the Rename Card (if you have any) from the crate on the right hand side of the Inventory, and tap Use.
- Enter the new name you want, and tap OK.
Note that you can only change your name once a day.
Getting a rename card is a different story altogether though. You’d either have to purchase one from the in-game store, or earn it by participating in certain events.
If you were lucky, you might have received one or more at the initial launch of the Rename Cards.
How To Change Your Name in Call of Duty: Mobile
Changing your name in CoDM is a pretty similar affair. You’ll also need rename cards, available in the item section of the in-game store. They cost 200CP a pop, so use wisely. When you have the card;
- Tap your profile icon at the top left of the home screen, then go to the “Basic” tab.
- Tap the small pen and paper icon right next to your name.
- Tap the same icon on the next page, then type in your new name.
- Select “Change” to save your selection.
Changing your name on CoDM is available every three days, unlike daily in the case of PUBG.
There you have it, now you know how to change your name in PUBG and Call of Duty: Mobile. Feel free to do so as often as your wallet will allow you. Let us know if you found this useful, and don’t forget to share. Happy gaming.