Skullcandy is another big player in the urban audio market to throw their hat in the TWS (True Wireless Stereo) ring, with the Indy, Sesh, and Push lines of earbuds. This market has been boosted by the increasing trend of smartphone manufacturers removing headphone jacks, thereby forcing users to go wireless.
How To Pair Skullcandy Wireless Earbuds
Pairing the Skullcandy wireless earbuds to your device might seem like it would be complicated, but it’s actually a simple process;
- Place the earbuds in the charging case, and make sure the LEDs turn red, then clove the case.
- Open the case and remove the buds.
The above action puts the buds in “pairing mode”, then you can go to your device’s Bluetooth menu and select the earbuds from there to connect them. Finish.
Sometimes one might encounter issues while trying to connect the earbuds. In that case, the following steps should fix the issue;
- Place your earbuds in the charging case.
- Remove them from your device’s paired list.
- Turn off Bluetooth mode on your device (mobile or computer)
- Power on only your right earbud by removing it from the case. It will be in a non-connected state at this point.
- Tap the center of the earbud 4x. This will automatically power off the earbud and reset it. You will know this was successful when the light on the earbud turns red. If the light does not turn red please repeat step 5 until the light turns red. Place the right earbud back in the case.
- Now repeat those same steps only with the left earbud. (steps 4 and 5)
- Next, remove both earbuds from the case to have them automatically power on and begin pairing to one another.
- You’ll hear one beep indicating the buds have paired together, and then a voice prompt that will notify you that iis now “Pairing”, meaning it’s searching for your device.
- At this point, turn your device’s Bluetooth mode back on and re-pair to the earbuds.